Buildings & Content header 1920x400

Home Insurance

At RSC, we understand how important it is to protect your most valuable asset – your home.

We work closely with our partners, First2Protect Insurance Services, who specialise in providing comprehensive buildings and insurance cover.

Buildings and Contents Insurance

If you are already a homeowner, or first time buyer, buildings insurance is a condition of a mortgage offer.

Contents insurance is not compulsory and covers your possessions - basically the things you take with you if you move, such as furniture, clothes and electrical items, if they are damaged, lost or stolen.

New Build Warranty

When moving into a new build home, your home will come with a New Build Warranty Cover. NHBC is the UK’s leading independent standard setting body and provider for new homes and Buildmark is their build warranty.

Most mortgage lenders will not lend unless there is a Buildmark warranty in place. During the first two years of the warranty the builder is liable for putting right any problems with your home if they have failed to comply with NHBC standards.

What does Buildmark Warranty cover?

It is important to remember that The NHBC Buildmark warranty only covers you against repairs that are needed due to poor workmanship. If anything else goes wrong in your new build home, such as flooding your ten-year warranty will not cover this.

It is vital you have in place the correct insurances as some lenders may demand that you have buildings insurance from the day you exchange.

Protecting your new home

First2Protect can guide you to which option is best suited and what is covered by each.


Buildings Insurance

This cover protects the bricks and mortar of your home.

Check mark 3 16Water leaks

Check mark 3 16 Oil leaks

Check mark 3 16Impact - tree falling

Check mark 3 16 Theft

Check mark 3 16Subsidence

Check mark 3 16Storm damage

Check mark 3 16Flooding

Check mark 3 16Fire

Contents Insurance

This is cover for damaged or stolen items within the home. In the event of a claim you will get the item(s) replaced or the money to replace them.

Damage may happen as a result of:

Check mark 3 16Accidents 

Check mark 3 16Fire

Check mark 3 16Storms

Check mark 3 16Theft

Check mark 3 16Vandalism

Get in Touch

Speak to one of our dedicated team of advisors to discuss your options.

Contact Us


If we arrange a mortgage on a property from one of our associated new homes developers we will waive our fee, otherwise there may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay is dependent upon the amount of research and administration that is required and a typical fee is £295 which would become payable on application. We will also receive commission from the lender in addition to any fees you pay.

RSC will receive a referral fee from First2Protect for recommending their services. You are not under any obligation to use the services of First2Protect.